Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 4, 2013

Dear Mom & Dad, 

This is the end of the first night here at the MTC. It's certainly different. Some things are better than I expected, some things are worse, but over all just different. My companion is Elder Morrow, a guy who's in the Marine Corps and who I perceived to be very sarcastic and cocky at times (which he is). but as soon as he let loose his spirit you could tell it was pure. I shouldn't judge too harshly. I can tell we'll get along fine. We're in the same dorm as Elder Bishop, a loud little spitfire, and Elder Phipps, who actually has a lot in common with me. The food was pretty good, but nothing like everyone else made it out to be. Today was so long! But I did actually learn a lot. There was an activity we did when an "investigator" came in and we did some role playing as a whole class (there was a lot of us). I (thinking it was an actor) perked up and said something, and it turns out they were real! People that really have questions come to the MTC to help us learn as well. I helped someone hopefully come to Christ. Like I said, today was packed. It already feels like a long time since you dropped me off, and the next two weeks are gonna be the same. I'll write to you again.

With love, 
Matt Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment