Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 23, 2013

Alrighty, so it's been a long week and a half. First off, my P-day is on Monday, so expect one of these on such! A little bit about my last week in the MTC: when they say "make it to the first sunday", they mean it! It blew by, but the field is not the same way. This first week was really drag-y. My dear firend Elder Phipps had to go home because he had some back problems. The crazy thing is the first restaurant we saw in the airport in NC was called Phipps diner. I mean really, what are the odds? I've learned something about myself: I hate flying. I had a big anxiety attack and was sick all day. I apologize to those who saw me in the airport while that was all going on, I was a wreck. I assure you I'm good now! I am very homesick, but that's expected, especially around Christmas time. My first area is in High Point, NC, and my address is 145 Hartley, High Point NC, apartment C.

My new companion's name is Elder Leishman, and he's gonna take some getting used to. He's really good at making me follow the rules, but he kind of slacks off himself. He also doesn't tell me anything. He just looks at me and expects me to figure it out myself because apparently that's the best way to learn. Not for me! Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it. He's not all bad though, he is a good teacher and we get along just fine.

The field is not as white here in High Point. A lot of people will talk to us when we first meet them, but won't open up to a return appointment. So for now we're teaching some less-active members and going through some former investigators, seeing if they are still interested.

Apparently my mission president, President Craven, is one of the best. Even the quorum of the twelve speak highly of him. It's very easy to confirm that just with one meeting with him.

I hope I didn't miss anything, but for the sake of time I must go.

Elder Matthew B Gardner

1 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment