Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 3, 2014

So first I have to apologize to anyone who has sent me letters. Specifically I'm sorry for not replying as swiftly as I probably could. The thing is our mission president has made it clear we should only write our family on Mondays, and my companion is very adamant about making sure we follow that rule. However, he never gives us time to do that because he gets cabin fever if we sit inside longer than 45 minutes. So again I'm sorry, but I will try to do as much as I can. Please do keep sending me letters, missionaries love getting mail, and I'll try to reply as soon as possible. Thanks!
Anyways...

It is constantly raining here in NC it seems like. A couple weeks ago it snowed a bunch, this last week was beautiful 60's and 70's, and now it's raining as we speak, threatening to freeze and possibly snow again. Weather is ridiculous. It seems I talk about it a lot, but ya know it's kind of the only thing I pay attention to. This week I just kinda decided to allude everything to rain today. Enjoy.

In just a couple weeks I'll be done with training, and I can finally be a "normal" missionary. If the words of other missionaries ring true, it should all fly by now. In this case the rain has lifted.

However, it's pouring on our success. Remember Maurice? He was supposed to get baptized this Saturday but now he can't, he didn't come to church. He pulled one of his famous "drop off the face of the planet" tricks, and we haven't had any contact with him for a week, despite our calling him every day. *sigh*

We haven't had any contact with Bill for a month, because the members we're working with on him don't want us to push too hard. They want to help him on "God's time" and not "ours", which means probably 6 months instead of the usual couple of weeks.

Tedarreus is still doing great, he's still progressing, but he's progressing slowly. By the end of March he should be done with his smoking job and become a manager at his other one, then he can have enough money to move out and start living both the law of chastity and the word of wisdom, then he can get baptized! but that's at the end of march. We have transfers before then...

Speaking of transfers, the official day is the 18th, and we find out if we're going anywhere on the Saturday before. Just in case I do move, please don't send me anything that week. I don't want any mail mishaps and I'm sure neither do you. Comparing that to rain... um... I don't know think of something.

It's only sprinkling on the rest of our investigators, which show a lot of promise but just aren't quite there yet. We'll keep going, please pray for us all.

I love all of you! Except you Jim... you know what you did...

-Elder Matthew Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment