Thursday, March 20, 2014

insert creative subject here

Attention people of Earth (and some beyond)!

So this Teusday is transfer day. Saturday was the day we would get calls to see if we're moving. We got a call.
I'm staying here in HIgh Point. However, Elder Leishman is leaving. Not only that, he's going to be a district leader wherever he goes, so good for him! It's a little bittersweet that he's going. Our comapnionship was rocky at first, but since then we've sorted things out and now he's leaving. Maybe it's because I don't like change and there's a possibility the new guy will be worse than he was (yikes). I'm not training this transfer like what usually happens I guess. I'll keep you posted more on transfers when they actually happen tomorrow.

Update on Maurice:
One night we decided to check up on a family we dropped like 3 weeks after I first got here, to see if they were ready yet. We talked with Sean, the questijonably sane 17 year old son. As we were about to leave however, he said "have you heard about what happened to Maurice?". Naturally we were intrigued. According to the story he told and some information check we had our recent convert friend Chris look up, Maurice is in jail. Yup, he came to church a few weeks ago and later that week he ROBBED A BANK and is in jail. His bond is $280,000 dollars. We aren't sure of the reason, but all we have is because his girlfriend broke up with him. Elder Leishman sensed he had another side to him when he and Elder Kleinman taught him before I got here, and his assumptions were correct. So that was our most-progressing investigator. Everyone else is slowly fall;ing away, we can't get hold of anyone. I have a feeling my new companion will want to do some "spring cleaning" and we'll go back to tracting. Hopefully all goes well.

We had stake conference this last weekend. It was really good! I had never gone to one of those up until then, and I enjoyed it. Apparently they have brodcasts form Salt Lake and you hear from apostles! If I had known that before I would have gone a lot more. L. Tom Perry spoke at this one and he talked about the importance of The Doctrine and Covenants. It was interesting when he said: "The Bible and The Book of Mormon are great books indeed. They are records, commandments, and testimonies of those living anciently. The Doctrine and Covenants are the records, commandments, and testimonies of our day. It is our book. It belongs to the Latter Day Saints." Powerful! Makes me want to read D&C more carefully. If you haven't before (like me), go to your next stake conference.

Not much else happened this week, so I'll see you all next time!

-Elder Matthew Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment